We are Yay Brigade, a design studio in Los Angeles.
Who we are
Based in Los Angeles and led by principal Roman Jaster, Yay Brigade works with a multitude of talented collaborators who join the studio on a per-project basis.
Our interns were Aaron Greenberg (2015), Jack Greenberg (2018), Candice Navi (2019), Victor Li (2020), Megan Texido (2021), and Zhen Lu (2022).
Nicole Jaffe co-founded Yay Brigade with Roman Jaster in 2014. Nicole was instrumental in shaping the studio for the first four years. She moved on to new adventures in 2018.
designer, web developer, educator, baker of hearty breads
Roman Jaster is a graphic designer, web developer, and educator. He is the principal of Yay Brigade.
Roman finds delight in baking hearty loaves of bread, contemplating the etymology of English and German words, playing with his two small pets of the order rodentia, and finding a copy of the Los Angeles Times in front of his dwelling every morning.
We were nominated for a 2018 Webby Award
Our clients include:
- Pasadena Conservatory of Music
- California Institute of the Arts
- SALT Lanscape Architects
- Claret-Cup Architecture
- The MacArthur
- Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation
- Oakwood School
- LA Native Plant Source
- Institute For Figuring
- Cell Dogs
- Green Dragon Office
- Root Simple
- Windfall Lumber
- DelMonico Books
- MAK Center for Art and Architecture
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust
- Los Angeles Regional Collaborative
- UCLA Lab School
- Institute of Domestic Technology
- East of Borneo
- artists Mirae Kate-hers Rhee, Natalie Bookchin, Fritz Haeg, Ariel Osterweis, Elana Mann, Susan Mogul, Carolyn Monastra, Diana Thater, Quintan Ana Wikswo
What we do...
- Website Design & Development
- Print Design
- Publication Design
- Identity Design
- Content Strategy