We are Yay Brigade, a design studio in Los Angeles.
Who we are
Based in Los Angeles and led by principal Roman Jaster, Yay Brigade works with a multitude of talented collaborators who join the studio on a per-project basis.
Our interns were Aaron Greenberg (2015), Jack Greenberg (2018), Candice Navi (2019), Victor Li (2020), and Megan Texido (2021).
Nicole Jaffe co-founded Yay Brigade with Roman Jaster in 2014. Nicole was instrumental in shaping the studio for the first four years. She moved on to new adventures in 2018.
designer, web developer, educator, baker of hearty breads
Roman Jaster is a graphic designer, web developer, and educator. He is the principal of Yay Brigade.
Roman finds delight in baking hearty loaves of bread, contemplating the etymology of English and German words, playing with his two small pets of the order rodentia, and finding a copy of the Los Angeles Times in front of his dwelling every morning.
We were nominated for a 2018 Webby Award
Our clients include:
- Pasadena Conservatory of Music
- California Institute of the Arts
- Oakwood School
- Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation
- Institute For Figuring
- MAK Center for Art and Architecture
- Cell Dogs
- DelMonico Books
- Windfall Lumber
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust
- Los Angeles Regional Collaborative
- UCLA Lab School
- Institute of Domestic Technology
- Green Dragon Office
- Root Simple
- LA Native Plant Source
- East of Borneo
- Public Fiction
- artists Natalie Bookchin, Fritz Haeg, Ariel Osterweis, Elana Mann, Susan Mogul, Carolyn Monastra, Diana Thater, Quintan Ana Wikswo
What we do...
- Website Design & Development
- Print Design
- Publication Design
- Identity Design
- Content Strategy